It’s a total misconception that only men over 40 need to worry about penis health, but younger men often think their family jewels will always be as sparkly and functional as they are in their teens. A 2013 study in the Journal of Sexual Medicine says differently. It found that erectile dysfunction affected 26 percent of men under 40. With a statistic like this floating around, it’s essential that all men, even younger men, incorporate a simple but effective penis health regimen. Doing so can help them avoid being one of the men under 40 who has penis problems now. Here is a useful guide to penis health that outlines some behaviors to rethink, as well as some tips for keeping your boner popping into your 90s.
Sex, Drugs, and Rock n Roll
Remember that 26 percent statistic mentioned earlier? A lot of the research around younger men experiencing erectile dysfunction include some sort of drug. Whether it is a hard narcotic or too many bourbons on the regular or a pack-a-day cigarette habit, any overuse (and sometimes just use) of a drug spells disaster for a dude’s goodies. Why? Too much alcohol or drug use can affect several body systems. The brain may be slowing down and can’t send the signal out to push the blood to the bone. Blood vessels may be experiencing constriction, which also inhibits blood flow to the unit. And then there’s whiskey dick and the like, where you can get an erection, but you can’t reach orgasm.
The Mental Game
Younger men also need to consider how their emotional health affects penis health. Some erection issues arise because a man is nervous, and as a result, suffers from performance anxiety. With all the messages out there, from porn to lifestyle magazines to Tinder profiles, it is understandable why so many men experience some sort of anxiety over getting busy. Some younger men, just like older men, also experience periods of erectile dysfunction when going through relationship issues. One issue, in particular, causes the wind to deflate out of a man’s proverbial sails, and that’s cheating. There’s a well-established correlation between cheating and erectile dysfunction. The guilt from cheating eventually catches up to the man, and he can no longer achieve an erection. Of course, this doesn’t happen in all cases, but it does happen in a good many.
10 Tips to Keep Penis Health High for Life
All the mental stuff aside, let’s get physical! Here are some great tips for naturally preserving libido and sexual function:
- Stop smoking, or don’t start smoking.
- Exercise every day for at least 30 minutes, 60 if you can swing it.
- Maintain a healthy weight to prevent the root causes of erectile dysfunction like obesity, high blood pressure, diabetes, and heart disease.
- Keep alcohol to no more than two drinks per night.
- Stay away from illegal drugs and only take prescription drugs as directed. For men who live in states where marijuana is legal, remember that it too can cause your soldier to stay sleeping.
- Get 7-8 hours of sleep per night minimum. You get nocturnal erections at night, usually between three and four, that are important for proper penis function.
- Manage stress levels to reduce blood pressure and keep a clear mind that activates libido instead of drains it.
- If you don’t use it, you can lose it! Have sex to keep the member oxygenated, and it’s a natural stress reducer! (and it will help with sleep)
- Have erections, even if they go unused – simply saturating the penis will oxygenated blood revitalizes the penile tissue, keeping it active and vigorous.
- Apply a penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which has been clinically proven safe and mild for skin) every day to make the delicate penile skin flexible and elastic. It can also keep bacteria at bay, boosts blood flow, and protects against peripheral nerve damage!